Welcome to UVP.
We have commenced our first Bulletin for our website with some facts on Ultraviolet.
So, what is Ultraviolet? What is Germicidal Ultraviolet? What are some of the beneficial uses of Germicidal Ultraviolet?
Ultraviolet light is part of the light spectrum, which is classified into three wavelength ranges:
UVC 100nm – 280nm (nm = nanometers)
UVB 280nm – 315nm
UVA 315nm – 400nm
UVC light is Germicidal ultraviolet, meaning it deactivates the DNA of bacteria, virus and other pathogens – thus destroying their ability to multiply and cause disease.
The beneficial uses of Germicidal ultraviolet are:
- Non chemical approach to disinfection
- No by-products
- No-residual odour or taste
- Used in potable and wastewater solutions
- Nothing is added – process is simple, inexpensive and requires very low maintenance
- Effective on Bacteria, Virus, Protozoan, Cryptosporidium and Giardia
- Short contact times (2 – 10 seconds)
These are just some of the applications that UV can be applied to.
- Under sink installs & water vending machines
- Aircraft, boats, & recreational vehicles
- Water wells & water cisterns
- Schools & hotels, Clubs
- Aquarium, hatcheries, & nurseries
Food Processing Applications
- Breweries & wineries
- Soft drinks, fruit drinks, & juices
- Bottling facilities & dairy processing
- Liquid sugars & sweeteners
- Edible Oils
- Water based lubricants
- Pure wash / rinse water
View the range of products for food processing here.
- Pharmaceutical production
- Laboratories, hospital, clinics,
- Aged Care facilities
- Maternity, labor, & delivery areas
- Pathology labs, kidney dialysis
- Animal husbandry
View the range of products here.
- Cosmetics and electronics production
- Pond & lake reclamation
- Food industries